freetds - [freetds] freetds-0.64 problems on fc6

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <freetds_help AT nym.hush.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] freetds-0.64 problems on fc6
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:03:45 -0600

Hello FreeTDS mailing list,

In the hopes of finding a reason to this problem and hopefully a
solution I'm turning to this list. Any/all communications back are
greatly appreciated.

FreeTDS Version 0.64
2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 on i686 athlon

Utilizing the FreeTDS client to communicate with a customer's site
and while doing so over the past 24hrs the libraries and
executables for FreeTDS become...defunct for lack of a better
descriptor. It must be mentioned that we've been successfully
utilizing the freetds client for over a month's time with zero
problems until yesterday.

The best way to describe the problem is with the following "ls"
output from /usr/local/lib:
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libct.la
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libct.so.4.0.0
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libsybdb.a
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libsybdb.so.5.0.0
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libtdssrv.so.2
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libtdssrv.so.2.0.0

and /usr/local/bin:

Has anyone seen this problem before or encountered such an outcome?

Thanks again...