freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds-0.64 problems on fc6

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <freetds_help AT nym.hush.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds-0.64 problems on fc6
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:11:52 -0600

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 04:02:32 -0600 "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT"
<Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com> wrote:

>> Hello FreeTDS mailing list,
>>
>> In the hopes of finding a reason to this problem and hopefully a
>
>> solution I'm turning to this list. Any/all communications back
>are
>> greatly appreciated.
>>
>> FreeTDS Version 0.64
>> 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 on i686 athlon
>>
>> Utilizing the FreeTDS client to communicate with a customer's
>site
>> and while doing so over the past 24hrs the libraries and
>> executables for FreeTDS become...defunct for lack of a better
>> descriptor. It must be mentioned that we've been successfully
>> utilizing the freetds client for over a month's time with zero
>> problems until yesterday.
>>
>> The best way to describe the problem is with the following "ls"
>> output from /usr/local/lib:
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libct.la
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libct.so.4.0.0
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libsybdb.a
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libsybdb.so.5.0.0
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? libtdssrv.so.2
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ?
>libtdssrv.so.2.0.0
>>
>> and /usr/local/bin:
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? bsqldb
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? datacopy
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? defncopy
>> > ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? freebcp
>>
>> Has anyone seen this problem before or encountered such an
>outcome?
>>
>> Thanks again...
>>

>?? quite strange. Why ls can't read filesystem informations??
>filesystem
>corruption? Too strict security (SELinux or others)?? System
>resources
>exhausted? Rebooting system fix the problem? Closing applications
>using
>FreeTDS?
>
>freddy77

that's part of my question, why would freetds cause the
files/libraries to disappear and ls not be able to read them once
it encountered an error?

Filesystem corruption, maybe. The system was rebooted and fscked
(all errors repaired and clean) two weeks ago and all drive reports
say the system is clean. Since the reboot & fsck, freetds has
worked without a problem until now.

SELinux is disabled

System resources on a separate partition (/var) hit 100% due to
faulty programming from one of the engineers. After resource
problem was resolved the freetds problem (on a different partition,
"/") was found.

This is on a production level system so I'm attempting to track
down the problem first rather than give into rebooting.

All applications that utilize this package are stopped as they
won't run without the freetds files that are currently unaccessible.

Thanks for the reply freddy77...