freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.82 status

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.82 status
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:59:39 -0600

At 3:35 PM -0600 2/9/08, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> With both 0.82rc1 and with the development snapshot dated 20080209, I get a
> clean build using
>
>$ cc/version
>HP C V7.3-009 on OpenVMS Alpha V8.3
>
>Running tests will have to wait until I can get the SQL 2005 Express Edition
>on my home network to actually listen on the network, which at the current
>rate may be never.

Either I overcame my resistance to getting SQL 2005 configured or it
overcame it's resistance to me, but I've now got it working and have
run the FreeTDS test suite with all tests passing, the only caveat
being that I still need to add support to build some of the newer tests.

I also discovered that the system-supplied iconv() is broken in a
couple of nasty ways, so the attached patch turns it off by default
so we use the FreeTDS home-grown implementation.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."
Brad Leithauser