freetds - Re: [freetds] Forcing usage of sp_cursorprepare / sp_cursorexecute system procedures with SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Forcing usage of sp_cursorprepare / sp_cursorexecute system procedures with SQL Server
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:20:00 +0100

> Dear all,
>
> In our Native SQL Server interface using ODBC (MDAC), we used to set
> SQL statement attributes like:
>
> r = SQLSetStmtAttr(stmtHandle, SQL_ATTR_CONCURRENCY,
> (SQLPOINTER) SQL_CONCUR_LOCK, SQL_IS_UINTEGER);
>
> ... to force the client to use sp_cursorprepare + sp_cursorexecute
> system procedures, and get better control...
>
> The sp_cursor* procedures do for example support "SELECT ...
> FOR UPDATE"
> statements, that are apparently not accepted by sp_prepare /
> sp_execute.
>
> I could not find any sp_cursorprepare / sp_cursorexecute text in the
> sources so I guess this is not possible with FreeTDS...

I just realize you are right :(.
Could you please provide a simple test to help us finishing this stuff?
I recently like to work test-driven.
I think we can get support for this stuff in a couple of weeks. Current
CVS support cursors and multiple statements (using cursors) but it seems
that prepared cursors are not supported.