freetds - [freetds] Forcing usage of sp_cursorprepare / sp_cursorexecute system procedures with SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Forcing usage of sp_cursorprepare / sp_cursorexecute system procedures with SQL Server
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:20:45 +0100

Dear all,

In our Native SQL Server interface using ODBC (MDAC), we used to set
SQL statement attributes like:

r = SQLSetStmtAttr(stmtHandle, SQL_ATTR_CONCURRENCY,
(SQLPOINTER) SQL_CONCUR_LOCK, SQL_IS_UINTEGER);

... to force the client to use sp_cursorprepare + sp_cursorexecute
system procedures, and get better control...

The sp_cursor* procedures do for example support "SELECT ... FOR UPDATE"
statements, that are apparently not accepted by sp_prepare / sp_execute.

I could not find any sp_cursorprepare / sp_cursorexecute text in the
sources so I guess this is not possible with FreeTDS...

Right?

Thanks
Seb