freetds - Re: [freetds] Charset issues...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Reid, Roger L." <roger.reid AT dpw.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Charset issues...
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:08:16 -0400

Amazing!

I am sweating bullets over a conversion issue and almost deleted this
incoming FreeTDS mail without reading it - and
JKL gave me the EXACT answer I needed - and I'm not the one who asked. It
hadn't occurred to me yet that it
might be an issue in the char mapping within FreeTDS. It was, and it took me
about 30 seconds to solve it.

I don't know if this helps Michael Higgins, who asked - but it just saved me
a lot of barking up the wrong tree.

Guess I should go play the lottery now!

roger reid