freetds - Re: [freetds] FW: Character sets?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FW: Character sets?
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:15:19 -0400

Brian Paquin wrote:

> Thanks for replying to the message, but I am afraid tsql is
> still using iso646...

tsql is simply reporting your environment, cf. locale(1). Nothing you do
in freetds.conf (or locales.conf) affects your locale settings, so the
tsql output won't change.

> A locales.conf file (default) is present in /usr/local/etc/.
> Modifying freetds.conf to add:
> client charset = ISO-8859-1 or
> client charset = ISO_1
> have not made a difference.

locales.conf is more or less a failed experiment. You want to set the
client charset in freetds.conf. Check the UG for syntax.

> Enabling logging in freetds.conf, I can see that FreeTDS is
> sending requests for iso646...

Right. If the above instructions don't help, please post the first 10 or
so lines of the TDSDUMP log.

HTH.

--jkl