freetds - Re: [freetds] FW: Character sets?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Paquin <brian.paquin AT yale.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FW: Character sets?
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:46:56 -0400

James,

Thanks for replying to the message, but I am afraid tsql is
still using iso646...

A locales.conf file (default) is present in /usr/local/etc/.
Modifying freetds.conf to add:
client charset = ISO-8859-1 or
client charset = ISO_1
have not made a difference.
I have used the GLOBAL section or my own PROD section,
and neither has had an affect.

Enabling logging in freetds.conf, I can see that FreeTDS is
sending requests for iso646...

Am I missing something?