freetds - Re: [freetds] 32 Bit

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 32 Bit
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:50:53 +0200

> Hello;
>
> I have an IBM x346 with SuSe Linux v9.3. However, my business
> application requires 32 bit ODBC drivers. I have downloaded the most
> recent version of the drivers from the FreeTDS website.
>
> Is there guidance you could provide on how to build the FreeTDS ODBC
> drivers as 32 bit?
>
> Thanks.

FreeTDS can be compiled for both 32 and 64 bit. I think you are using a
64 bit system but your application is still 32 so it doesn't support 64
bit drivers. The solution is to build using some sort of cross
compiling. Usually you can use --build=<system> like
--build=i386-redhat-linux. Or you can override LD, CC, STRIP and similar
to force build process to use some commands like

CC=gcc32 LD=ld32 STRIP=strip32 ./configure <options>