freetds - Re: [freetds] 32 Bit

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Owen-Kerins, Dawn" <dawn.owen-kerins AT wamu.net>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Gunther, Travis" <travis.gunther AT wamu.net>, "Mueting, Bill" <william.mueting AT wamu.net>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 32 Bit
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:11:48 -0700

Hello;

Thank you for your prompt reply. I tried to follow the override
instructions you provided:

CC=gcc32 LD=ld32 STRIP=strip32 ./configure <options>

I received the error 'Compiler can not create the executable' with the
following detail error in the config.log:

configure:2165: checking for gcc
configure:2191: result: gcc32
configure:2435: checking for C compiler version
configure:2438: gcc32 --version </dev/null >&5
./configure: line 1: gcc32: command not found
configure:2441: $? = 127
configure:2443: gcc32 -v </dev/null >&5
./configure: line 1: gcc32: command not found
configure:2446: $? = 127
configure:2448: gcc32 -V </dev/null >&5
./configure: line 1: gcc32: command not found
configure:2451: $? = 127
configure:2474: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2477: gcc32 conftest.c >&5
./configure: line 1: gcc32: command not found
configure:2480: $? = 127
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */

When I checked for gcc32 this is what was found:

> rpm -qa | grep gcc
libgcc-3.3.3-43.41
gcc-c++-3.3.3-43.41
gcc-3.3.3-43.41

My path is set as follows:
/usr/include:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt
/gnome/bin:opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin

I should also note, that just executing with CC=gcc the compile works
with no errors. However I do not believe that gets me the 32 bit drivers
I need.

In addition I have two other questions:
1. When I searched the config.log for an occurance of the override ld32
I did not see that set as a parameter within the config.log (I did see
the strip32 being set). Should I see ld32 being set?
2. How do I tell if the drivers compiled successfully as 32bit?

Could you offer more advice?

Thank you for your assistance!