freetds - Re: [freetds] Connection timeout problem on HP-UX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connection timeout problem on HP-UX
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:21:13 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I have solved the problem with connection timeout on HP-UX in
> 0.63 version of FreeTDS driver.
> I have debugged FreeTDS ODBC driver and I have detected the
> problem in file login.c. The problem on HP-UX was in setting
> of non-blocking socket by ioctl method. Because that the
> socket remained blocking and connect method waited about 76
> seconds... When I used fcntl method instead ioctl this
> setting worked fine and connection timeout worked fine.
>
> I have made the patch for file login.c with these changes
> (attachment).
>
> I have observed that in 0.64 version and current FreeTDS is
> used ioctl method and I think that connection timeout will
> not work on HP-UX nor with new timeout logic...
> I suggest that and these version of driver's should to use
> fcntl method for HP-UX.
>
> Also, I have tested freetds (0.63 and 0.64) on linux and I
> have concluded that connection timeout
> works fine and with ioctl method...
>
> Regards

Some more notes... it appers that some system require a long* (Solaris?)
while others a int* (Linux/HP-UX) so there can be problems if
sizeof(long int) != sizeof(int). This can be the problem with HP-UX...
the same apply to ioctl...
Could you try if setting ioctl_blocking type to int resolve the problem
with HP-UX??