freetds - Re: [freetds] solaris compile warning on struct in_addr

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Reid, Roger L." <roger.reid AT dpw.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] solaris compile warning on struct in_addr
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:17:47 -0400

Sorry, I did just what users do to drive me crazy - didn't try what you
suggested because I had my own direction ("I don't want to cut that into
every .c file that complains") - instead of realizing the answer to the
question helps to define the right solution.

Yes, that gets the message out in the two source files I tried it on.

In dblib/bcp.c I put it right after #include <assert.h> and the warning went
away.

Order matters. I tried it at the top of tds/mem.c (another of the many
files affected) and changed the warning to ../../include/config.h:393:1:
warning: "_FILE_OFFSET_BITS" redefined

But oce I moved it under the assert.h in mem.c it was happy.

So, I could edit every affectted .c and have a nonstandard source...or does
this show a more general (maintainable) solution by modifying the configure
file.

And I've stopped using --sybase--compat...thanks

thanks,
roger