freetds - Re: [freetds] solaris compile warning on struct in_addr

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Reid, Roger L." <roger.reid AT dpw.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] solaris compile warning on struct in_addr
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:22:59 -0400

James,

that's helpful - I see that there is a config.h and a config.h.in, so it
appears config changed #undef INADDR_NONE
to #define INADDR_NONE 0xffffffff

But I do have struct in_addr defined, in include/netinet/in.h and that is
included by include/arpa/inet.h

I just tried it by hand setting config.h back to #undef INADDR_NONE - but no
joy there; the warning disappears but later:

In file included from ../../include/tdsiconv.h:26,
from mem.c:40:
/usr/local/include/iconv.h:35:17: apr.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/iconv.h:36:23: apr_pools.h: No such file or directory

Unfortunatly working my way through the logic of m4 files isn't a fluency of
mine. It may simply be a matter of paths or something.
I'll have to give it more of a look over. But I think you pointed me in the
right direction, thanks

roger

PS - I don't know if I still need enable-sybase-compat; I know I started
using it in .60 when I started using FreeTDS seriously. I vaguely recall
that it solved some issue with a function call that was in both dblib and
some other system lib - I really don't recall. It doesn't change this
particular issue.

roger