freetds - Re: [freetds] solaris compile warning on struct in_addr

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] solaris compile warning on struct in_addr
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:09:53 -0400

Hi Roger,

> that's helpful - I see that there is a config.h and a config.h.in, so it
> appears config changed #undef INADDR_NONE to #define INADDR_NONE
> 0xffffffff

That's what you want. INADDR_NONE should be defined as -1; that's what
inet_addr returns.

> Unfortunatly working my way through the logic of m4 files isn't a
> fluency of mine.

That would be a lot to expect. I'm no m4 guru either, but if we can at
least figure out what include file is missing, we'll have a clue to what
test is failing.

> It may simply be a matter of paths or something.

Including arpa/inet.h in bcp.c didn't help?

> PS - I don't know if I still need enable-sybase-compat; I know I
> started using it in .60 when I started using FreeTDS seriously. I
> vaguely recall that it solved some issue with a function call that was
> in both dblib and some other system lib - I really don't recall. It
> doesn't change this particular issue.

Long since solved. Correct, it doesn't change this particular issue. One
less knob to turn, though. ;-)

Regards,