freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds / IBM UniVerse

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds / IBM UniVerse
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 20:26:26 -0500

Perry Taylor wrote:
> I definitely got further with osql v1.4. Does this shed any light on my
> problem?
>
> # ./osql -S SQL1 -U userid -P password
> found DSN [SQL1] in /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
> found this section:
> [SQL1]
> Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libodbc.so
> Description = sql1 cueball database
> #Servername = SQL1
> Database = cueball
> Server = devsql1
> Port = 1433
> TDS_Version = 8.0
>
> looking for driver for DSN [SQL1]
> driver "/usr/local/freetds/lib/libodbc.so" found for [SQL1] in odbc.ini
> found driver named "/usr/local/freetds/lib/libodbc.so"
> basename: too few arguments
> Try `basename --help' for more information.
> driver "/usr/local/freetds/lib/libodbc.so" found for [] in

That's a bug, thanks. I fixed it but haven't committed it yet.

> /usr/local/freetds/lib/libodbc.so is a readable file
> "Server" found, not using freetds.conf
> FreeTDS servername is "devsql1"
> devsql1 has address 192.168.16.5
>
> DSN: SQL1
> Server's hostname: devsql1
> Address: 192.168.16.5
> Driver: /usr/local/freetds/lib/libodbc.so
>
> Attempting connection as userid...
> +---------------------------------------+
> | Connected! |

Well, that tells me that your setup is reasonable and that FreeTDS is
installed in /usr/local/freetds. That path is probably not known to your
runtime linker by default. unixODBC doesn't mind, but perhaps UniVerse
does? Just a guess.

You're on Linux, yes? If you want to try it, try something like this:

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/freetds/lib
$ [do universe thing]

(LD_DEBUG=all might show something interesting, too. Cf.
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/ld.so.8.html)

If that doesn't help, maybe getting unixODBC's tracing turned on will
help, since you're getting no log from FreeTDS.

HTH.