freetds - Re: [freetds] mingw, gcc 3.4.2 & freetds-0.64

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: sfngilm <sfngilm AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] mingw, gcc 3.4.2 & freetds-0.64
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:26:42 -0700

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
Well... I did some months ago and fixed some issue on CVS HEAD... that
is after 0.64. As you spot I had to implement gettimeofday and
readpassphrase for Windows and rename PARAMDATA to BCPPARAMDATA.
Yesterday I tried again using a cross compiler and I was able to compile
without problems.

freddy77

Hi freddy77,

I was able to build the nightly snapshot with no problems. But when I tried connecting to a known running server (tested with telnet to port 1433 and M$ isql) with:
tsql -H fig -p 1433 -U arSa -P arSa
I get:
login.c:226:IP address pointer is empty

So I tried using the IP address directly and I get:
net.c:168:Connecting to 192.168.1.6 port 1433.
token.c:2209:tds_client_msg: #20008: "Unable to open socket.". Connection state
is now 0.
net.c:172:socket creation error: Unknown error

Am I missing something simple? This is my first time trying to use mingw, and I'm not completely familiar with the ins and outs of it.

I've had no problems with older freeTDSs (0.52 I think -- vintage 2002) under Linux and IRIX.

I'm wondering if the second problem is something Windows specific, like WSAStartup()? I'm not sure if that gets wrapped by MinGW or if that needs to get called by the user application directly. My cursory poking through the newsgroups seems to indicate that it needs to get called by the user app.

My current configure parameters are: --with-tdsver=7.0 --disable-shared --build=mingw32

Again if anybody has hints I'd really appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks,
David