freetds - Re: [freetds] mingw, gcc 3.4.2 & freetds-0.64

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "Dave" <sfngilm AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] mingw, gcc 3.4.2 & freetds-0.64
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:48:19 +0200

> > I just added some WSAStartup calls. I don't know if they work with
> > --disable-shared but I can confirm that tsql works!
> >

> > Frediano
> Yes, that definitely fixed the problem. Do you think calling
> WSAStartup() should be the responsibility of the user app, or
> should it
> be part of tds_open_socket() (with a matching WSACleanup() in
> tds_close_socket()) ?

Good question. I think dll should call WSAStartup (already done). For
library perhaps dblib could use dbinit/dbexit and ctlib could use
ct_init/ct_exit. However I think that if soneone wants to use static
library you should know that it has to call WSAStartup. Honestly I think
that if someone want to use socket in windows it should just link to
wsock32.dll or ws2_32.dll but it seems that Microsoft don't think so.