freetds - Re: [freetds] Compiling freetds on an x86_64 architecture

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: <bglasser AT springsolve.com>, "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Compiling freetds on an x86_64 architecture
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:11:14 +0200

> Thanks for the response. I already compiled it and it seemed
> to go fine.
> I'll let you know after the developer tries it tomorrow!
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

I would suggest

$ yum install unixODBC unixODBC-devel
$ rpmbuild -ta freetds-0.64RC2.tar.gz
(or whatever version you prefer)

To test you could try automatic tests, just setup a test account on
server, PWD file (see
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/confirminstall.htm#TESTS) and issue a
"make test". I think you are interested only in odbc so perhaps you can
shortening tests with

$ ./configure ....
$ make
$ cd src/tds
$ make test
$ cd ../odbc
$ make test

compile from sources is required to use our unit tests.

bye