freetds - [freetds] Compiling freetds on an x86_64 architecture

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian R. Glasser" <bglasser AT springsolve.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Compiling freetds on an x86_64 architecture
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:23:31 -0400

Hi,

I want to compile freetds on a x86_64 box running Redhat ES ver.4
update 3. I see that Redhat does not seem to have an rpm file that I can
run up2date with, so I got the src (the most stable version) from your
website.

Is there anything special I need to do to configure this for a 64
bit architecture? It appears that there are a lot of RPMS out there that
claim they are for the 64 bit archticture, but I am not sure of their
origin, so I would prefer to build it myself.

Also, there are freetds-devel packages out there. Will the files
included in those packages be built from the src I downloaded from your
website, or will I need to get additional src files?

Thanks,
Brian

dangerous content by SafeGuardMail.com
and is believed to be clean.