freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLPrepare() can't arrange error infomation whenDBshutdown occured after SQLConnect()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLPrepare() can't arrange error infomation whenDBshutdown occured after SQLConnect()
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:58:30 +0200

> > ---contents of prepare.php---
> > $conn = odbc_connect('FreeTDS','sqlr','sqlr');
> > $query = 'select 1;';
> > sleep (10) ;
> > # shutdown database
> > $s = @odbc_prepare($conn,$query); # odbc_do in do.php
> > echo "----------------\n";
> > if($e=odbc_error())
> > {
> > echo "state = $e\n";
> > echo "msg = ".odbc_errormsg($conn)."\n";
> > }
> > It might be more convenient if patch files reside with
> > source tarballs at
> > FTP site.
> >

> Currently you can find patch at
> http://freetds.sourceforge.net/ (post 0.63 patch)
> In this case there is a sligth difference between what patch
> fix and what you want. The patch catch error that server
> returns preparing statement while the broken connection error
> is not sended by server but detected by library. I don't know
> if 0.63 or 0.64 can handle this situation... I'll try to
> reproduce the problem...

I can confirm the problem... added a prepclose test

http://freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net/freetds/freetds/src/odbc/unittests/pr
epclose.c?revision=1.1

the problem is that tds_submit_prepare returns error but do not set any
error. I think that correct bahavior would be to use tds_client_msg in
(or near) tds_close_socket.