freetds - Re: [freetds] what's wrong with this freebcp statement?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] what's wrong with this freebcp statement?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:45:27 -0500

blackwater dev wrote:
> I commented out this section in the conf file and added my ip info. I
> then ran the freebcp command again and now get this error:
>
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x09eca740 ***
> [MyServer2k]
> host = 99.99.999.99
> port = 1433
> tds version = 8.0

I'm missing something. freebcp shouldn't just die on you. Could you do
this and post the logs:

1. export TDSDUMP=bcp.dump.log
2. Use script(1) to record your bcp command and any output.

That will show what you did and what's going on with the server. You can
X out the servername and 9 our the addresses; they don't matter to me.
The first few lines of the TDSDUMP log will tell me what I want to know
about the session; maybe the rest will give some clue about what's going
awry.

That should help if it's dying right at the start. If you're getting
hundreds of rows before it dies, we'll have to shoot the dump.