freetds - Re: [freetds] how to enable unixodbc after building freeTDS?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bing Du" <bdu AT iastate.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] how to enable unixodbc after building freeTDS?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:08:25 -0600 (CST)

>> From: Bing Du
>> Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:17 AM
>>
>> FreeTDS is new to me.
>
> Welcome to the project, Bing.

Thanks! We're looking for open source solutions. I've tried unixODBC but
Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge for linux/unix to access MS SQL is comercial.
DataDirect is also on my list. Unfortunately it's comercial too. Then I
heard FreeTDS, hope it works out for us :).

>> 1. why tsql shows TDS version as 5.0 rather than 8.0 as freetds.conf
>> shows?
>
> 'tsql -C' shows the compiled-in defaults, the values used if not
> specified in freetds.conf. (Note that the -C parameter doesn't require
> a server name, which would affect many settings.)

Ah, compiled-in defaults, that makes more sense to me now.

[snip...]

Thanks a bunch for the explanation. I appreciate it.

Bing