freetds - [freetds] how to enable unixodbc after building freeTDS?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bing Du" <bdu AT iastate.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] how to enable unixodbc after building freeTDS?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:16:45 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

FreeTDS is new to me. The questions I have are:

1. why tsql shows TDS version as 5.0 rather than 8.0 as freetds.conf shows?
2. I did not specify any parameters for ./configure when freeTDS was
built. tsql shows 'no' for unixodbc currently. Any way to let freetds
use unixodbc instead of iodbc? Where does FreeTDS look for unixodbc in
the building process? I'm wondering what prevented freeTDS from finding
unixodbc.

$ tsql -C
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):
Version: freetds v0.63
MS db-lib source compatibility: no
Sybase binary compatibility: unknown
Thread safety: yes