freetds - Re: [freetds] segfault in Perl's Email::Store when using freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] segfault in Perl's Email::Store when using freetds
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:19:54 -0000

Hi James,

>From the thread it looks very much like DBD:Sybase is using the
ct_dynamic() method in ct-library, which supports placeholders as you
say.
It seems to be segmenting on ct_send(CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT).

ct_dynamic() and friends are now implemented in the latest snapshot,
with one significant exception.
Unfortunately, this is the CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT parameter to ct_send(),
when using SQL server.

Sybase supports this functionality by a bespoke TDS message which
describes the number, type etc of your placeholders.
SQL Server has no means that I could discover of providing this
information to a client.

Bill