freetds - Re: [freetds] segfault in Perl's Email::Store when using freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] segfault in Perl's Email::Store when using freetds
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:47:25 -0500

It's not an SQL question; it's an issue with the ct-lib implementation
in FreeTDS. Placeholders allow the ct-lib programmer to issue a query
like "select * from systypes where name = '?' ", where the '?' is
replaced by a user-provided string before the query is sent to the
server. It is basically what Microsoft calls "dynamic SQL".

FreeTDS has been on the cusp of supporting placeholders for more than a
year. I think the problem is that no one wants to scratch the itch
because what placeholders offer can be done other ways.

Placeholders have gotten more attention in the FreeTDS ODBC driver. You
might want to give that a whirl. If you do, use the latest snapshot.

HTH.

The information contained in this transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply
e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not
accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be
responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. If you, as the intended
recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients,
prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would
not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply"
to the
sender indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New
York,
NY 10105.