freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.63 bug - error messages garbled

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Evan Rempel <erempel AT uvic.ca>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.63 bug - error messages garbled
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:26:01 -0700 (Pacific Standard Time)

Thanks for the suggestions. The logs are a little difficult fo me to read.
It appears that ODBC does not get the error message back from the TDS driver

[ODBC][20729][SQLPrepare.c][364]
Exit:[SQL_ERROR]
[ODBC][20729][SQLError.c][342]
Entry:
Statement = 0x896cb28
SQLState = 0xbfffa870
Native = 0xbfffa848
Message Text = 0xbfffa880
Buffer Length = 511
Text Len Ptr = 0xbfffa84e
[ODBC][20729][SQLError.c][379]
Exit:[SQL_NO_DATA]

I have included both logs for both unixODBC and for freetds when
using freetds 0.62.4 which is successful, and freetds 0.63 which is unsuccessful.

Evan.