freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.63 bug - error messages garbled

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.63 bug - error messages garbled
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:01:07 +0200

Il giorno lun, 08/08/2005 alle 10.35 -0700, Evan Rempel ha scritto:
> When using the 0.63 version, compiled on Redhat AS3.0 with no special
> options (./configure; make; make install) the driver returns garbled error
> messages.
>
> I tested this with TCL and tclodbc 2.5 which workes perfectly with freetds
> 0.62.4 but with 0.63 if returns garbled error messages.
>
> With 0.62.4
> % DB "select evan from internal_marks"
> S0022 207 {[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'evan'.}
>
> With 0.63
> % DB "select evan from internal_marks"
> 00000 4 {HKX i}

Note that there is not unixODBC (added later by unixODBC...) so where
does the bug reside ?? Try enabling ODBC logging and post the log.

> If I make a correct query, both versions return the correct data.
>
> Using isql I get slightly different error messages
>
> With 0.62.4 I get
> echo 'select evan from internal_marks' | isql LocalTSM user password
> +---------------------------------------+
> | Connected! |
> | |
> | sql-statement |
> | help [tablename] |
> | quit |
> | |
> +---------------------------------------+
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLExecute
>
> With 0.63 I get
> echo 'select evan from internal_marks' | isql LocalTSM user password
> +---------------------------------------+
> | Connected! |
> | |
> | sql-statement |
> | help [tablename] |
> | quit |
> | |
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare

isql usually SQLPrepare first then SQLExecute. Probably 0.63 detect
error before 0.62.4. Enabling logs (FreeTDS ones here would help too)
can help. Witch database system and version are you using ?