freetds - RE: [freetds] Connection Errors...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rick Conner" <rick AT rickconner.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Connection Errors...
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:26:43 -0400

>On Jun 18, 2005, at 20:09, Rick Conner wrote:
>
>> Ok, I'm not sure why I didn't see this before, but the apache error
>> log
>> contains the following...
>> [18-Jun-2005 14:00:33] PHP Warning: Function registration failed -
>> duplicate name - mssql_connect in Unknown on line 0
>
>That sounds like they were trying to load the mssql extension several
>times over, or to load both the mssql extension and any of the sybase
>extensions on Unix, where sybase and sybase_ct also register the
>mssql_ functions.
>
>Try doing a
>print_r(get_loaded_extensions());
>
>to see which extension ended up getting loaded first.
>A phpinfo() output would also show information on what extensions
>were loaded.

Here is the results of the get_loaded_extensions.....

Array
(
[0] => xmlrpc
[1] => xml
[2] => tokenizer
[3] => sybase
[4] => standard
[5] => sockets
[6] => session
[7] => pspell
[8] => posix
[9] => pcre
[10] => overload
[11] => mysql
[12] => mhash
[13] => mcrypt
[14] => mbstring
[15] => imap
[16] => gettext
[17] => gd
[18] => ftp
[19] => curl
[20] => ctype
[21] => calendar
[22] => bcmath
[23] => zlib
[24] => openssl
[25] => Zend Optimizer
)

> [18-Jun-2005 14:00:33] PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic
> library './php_mssql.dll' - ./php_mssql.dll: cannot open shared
> object file:
> No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
>
>It appears that in addition to asking php to load the mssql extension
>several times over, they even try to load it using the Windows name
>of the extension for good measure. Which thankfully fails.
>(On Windows, the mssql extension doesn't use FreeTDS anyway.)
>
>That php.ini file must be pretty messed up.

I agree...

Rick Conner