freetds - RE: [freetds] Installing on OS X 10.3 Panther

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Installing on OS X 10.3 Panther
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:08:29 -0400

Gah! When did this go wrong? I had noticed a problem, but assumed it
was me.

Looking over the main Makefile.am, I see config.sub et. al. aren't
mentioned, nor were they ever. I have to think I upgraded automake and
now "make dist" doesn't automatically include them anymore.

"info automake dist" says the command "automake --help" lists the
automatically distributed files. Here's that list from the build box:

Files which are automatically distributed, if found:
ABOUT-GNU README config.h.top
ltcf-cxx.sh
ABOUT-NLS THANKS config.rpath
ltcf-gcj.sh
AUTHORS TODO config.sub ltconfig
BACKLOG acconfig.h configure ltmain.sh
COPYING acinclude.m4 configure.ac mdate-sh
COPYING.DOC aclocal.m4 configure.in missing
COPYING.LESSER ansi2knr.1 depcomp
mkinstalldirs
COPYING.LIB ansi2knr.c elisp-comp py-compile
ChangeLog compile install-sh stamp-vti
INSTALL config.guess libversion.in
texinfo.tex
NEWS config.h.bot ltcf-c.sh ylwrap

Transforming that list, I asked pax(1) what we have and what we don't.
That list is appended. Quite a lot is missing, as you can see.

The build box is going to NetBSD 2.0 RSN, maybe this weekend, and with
that its autotools will be upgraded again. I'll make sure the snapshot
works thereafter.

Thank you for pointing out this problem. I hope it rains all weekend.

--jkl

$ automake --help \
| sed -n '/ABOUT/,/NEWS/p' \
| perl -ne'$,=$/; ; print split; print $/' \
| sort |sed 's:^:freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/:' \
$ pax -zf ../../freetds-current.tgz $(cat t)
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/README
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/AUTHORS
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/COPYING
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/COPYING.LIB
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ChangeLog
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/INSTALL
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/NEWS
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/TODO
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/acinclude.m4
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/aclocal.m4
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/configure
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/configure.in
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/install-sh
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/missing
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/mkinstalldirs
pax: WARNING! These patterns were not matched:
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ABOUT-GNU
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ABOUT-NLS
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/BACKLOG
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/COPYING.DOC
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/COPYING.LESSER
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/THANKS
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/acconfig.h
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ansi2knr.1
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ansi2knr.c
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/compile
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/config.guess
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/config.h.bot
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/config.h.top
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/config.rpath
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/config.sub
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/configure.ac
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/depcomp
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/elisp-comp
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/libversion.in
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ltcf-c.sh
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ltcf-cxx.sh
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ltcf-gcj.sh
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ltconfig
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ltmain.sh
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/mdate-sh
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/py-compile
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/stamp-vti
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/texinfo.tex
freetds-0.64.dev.20050415/ylwrap

named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply
e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not
accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be
responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. If you, as the intended
recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients,
prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would
not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply"
to the
sender indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New
York,
NY 10105.