freetds - [freetds] Installing on OS X 10.3 Panther

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Eddie Gieze <egieze AT techno-design.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Installing on OS X 10.3 Panther
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:42:56 +0200

Dear List,

I've been trying to install FreeTDS on my Mac. I've downloaded freetds-current.tgz from http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/current/, so i should have an up-to-date version. However, trying to run ./configure gives me the following result:

checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

Following the advice of Mark J. Lilback on http://www.freetds.org/faq.html#build_macosx did not help to solve this problem. I am getting the idea that the problem is occurring much earlier in the installation process than the problems Mark has solved with his advice.

I've also installed the latest versions of libtool through Fink (libtool and libtool14). I've also installed iODBC before i tried installing FreeTDS.

Could somebody please give me some pointers as to what i am doing wrong? Coming from a macintosh developer background, i do not have that much unix/linux experience under my belt, so i'm afraid i am doing something terribly stupid here.

Kind Regards,
Eddie Gieze