freetds - [freetds] odbc_rpc.pl

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] odbc_rpc.pl
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:52:07 -0400

I just committed samples/odbc_rpc.pl. It's meant as a demonstration for
calling the ODBC bind/prepare/execute dynamic SQL functions in Perl. It
should be in tomorrow's snapshot.

One problem: it doesn't work. Not being that familiar with ODBC, I'm sure
I did something silly. It must be broken, because I ran it on Windows box
using Microsoft's driver (and ActiveState Perl), and it failed in exactly
the same way as with FreeTDS.

I wrote it for much the same reason I wrote bsqldb: I wanted a fairly
simple test harness that could execute arbitrary combinations of
parameters and SQL. I thought it would help flush out what's needed for
placeholder support in ct-lib.

If someone could point out what's wrong, I'd appreciate the help.

--jkl

  • [freetds] odbc_rpc.pl, James K. Lowden, 04/05/2005