freetds - RE: [freetds] Oracle heterogeneous connection with FreeTDS: Faile d to load dynamic library

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jeff Fisher <JFisher AT Emery-Waterhouse.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Oracle heterogeneous connection with FreeTDS: Faile d to load dynamic library
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:56:20 -0400

Stephan, you'll want to watch your results carefully. We have Oracle 10G on
RH Linux and are connecting to SQL Server using HSODBC and freetds .63. The
connection work, and basic queries work, but we found that using the
SQLServer connection in a cursor in a stored procedure caused unpredictable
results. It appeared that result sets are being cached. So even though the
input to the cursor was different, we'd get back a previous result set.
Note this was only an issue in cursors.

We couldn't tell if this was a problem with Oracle or Freetds. So we
eventually created java stored procedures and used the jtds jdbc driver for
those operations. We just loaded the jtds driver into Oracle.