freetds - Re: [freetds] Connection Problem iconv

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connection Problem iconv
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:37:25 -0500

"Thomas Kasic" <TomaW AT gmx.de> wrote:

> the configure --disable-libiconv helped and i can connect with tsql. I
> didn't try further.

The built-in iconv should suffice for European languages based based on
the Roman alphabet.

> I really want to fix the problem correctly, so any further Help is
> greatly appreciated.
> Old Log before i used --disable-libiconv
> Starting log file for FreeTDS 0.62.4
> on 2005-03-14 17:28:31 with debug level 99.
> error: tds_iconv_init() returned 1; could not find a name for ISO 8859-1
> that your iconv accepts.
> use: "configure --disable-libiconv"

OK, so that's really quite odd, right? On a Linux platform, iconv can't
find the most basic character set?

> config.log (with --disable-libiconv)
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

Unfortunately, we need the config.log for "configure --enable-libiconv" to
see what it found and used (if anything). Further testing will probably
be needed. Happy to help, though.