freetds - [freetds] connect problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris parent <kireol AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] connect problems
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:44:07 -0800 (PST)

Hello again!

My SQL Server uses NT Auth.
All was running great with Freetds for a few months
straight using PHP. I lost power in server room a
week ago which made the NT and Linux boxes reboot.
For about 15 minutes after reboot, tsql would connect,
but my php code wouldnt, using the same login entry
from freetds.conf. Then it mysteriously fixed itself
(read scary!)

Today, I installed a UPS (I learn fast heheheh) I
booted both back up.

Now I can't connect my DB with freetds by code or by
tsql.

I can connect to my db with MS Access from an xp box.
The 3rd party software that uses the database also
connects from said XP box.

all use my login and NT auth.

tsql -S server -U 'abstract\cparent' -P mypass

locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
Msg 18452, Level 14, State 1, Server , Line 0
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated
with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Msg 20014, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Login incorrect.
There was a problem connecting to the server
[server]
host = server.abstract.local
port = 4168
tds version = 7.0