freetds - RE: [freetds] Re: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 25, Issue 5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Re: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 25, Issue 5
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:11:49 -0500

> ... it's difficult to support 0.60... we realeased other 3 versions...
> This means about 2/3 years of developing...
> I know that if works it works and upgrade usually costs
> however I think
> that at this point you are also losing some improvements...

Freddy,

I know that the first step if I have a problem is going to be to install
the latest RC or release version. Once I learned the initial configuration,
it really hasn't needed any support.

Sometime down the road I'm going to need to make or find an RPM for freetds,
since I've got a couple dozen servers to maintain. That will be done with a
new version certainly.

But until I learn how to write .spec files, that's a ways off.

Thanks for your concern.

Paul