freetds - [freetds] Re: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 25, Issue 5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris parent <kireol AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Re: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 25, Issue 5
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:51:19 -0800 (PST)

Wow, that was some fast responses! thanks for the help
so far!

James, the "missing" help file is at
http://www.freetds.org/support.html at the "getting
help" link is broke. the support.html appears to be
missing. :)

For my problem, I read what you guys were posting and
I decided to go download a packet sniffer, and see
what port other windows programs were using to connect
to the DB. The sniffer program said 4168. So I used
this:

tsql -S 192.168.111.2:4168 -U 'Abstract\CPARENT' -P
mypassword

and to my suprise, it looked like it's connecting!
However, I must be still doing something wrong.

Login failed for user 'ABSTRACT\cparent'. Reason: Not
associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

now, when I Ctrl-Alt-Del, windows XP says "cparent is
logged on as ABSTRACT\cparent" so I'm fairly certain
that I have that part correct. I know my password is
correct. I can connect with other applications, so I
have permissions to that DB. What could I be doing
wrong?

1) Why cant it connect still
2) Why isnt it on port 1433. telnet cant even connect
here. well, it's seeing it at least, but that scares
me it's not at 1433 like it should be?
3) As far as servers host name goes, how do i set this
up? I'm more of a developer than an admin, and I'm
unsure as to how linux would know "myserver" is
currently pointing to "192.168.111.2". I've tried
using -H and it doesn't seem to know about the server
yet.

thanks again gang!

-=Kireol