freetds - Re: [freetds] Solaris linking

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alex S Moore <asmoore AT edge.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Solaris linking
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:28:37 -0600

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 14:08 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> I can't comment on the commercial compiler because I didn't want to
> afford the money. Concerning the linker one can expect any reasonable
> user/developer to use the native linker. You should not (TM) use GNU
> binutils on Solaris,

Thanks for that Martin. I can test the build and some basic tests if
needed. However, all of my programs that use dblib are still in
Windows.

Glad to hear it on binutils. One of my most used open source programs
is about to have a new release that, for the first time, requires gnu
ld. Very sad and the developer will not even talk about a non-gnu ld
environment.

Thanks, Alex