freetds - [freetds] Sql 2000 query issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Freetds AT ariusa.com" <freetds AT ariusa.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Sql 2000 query issue
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:32:29 -0600

I am using freetds v. 0.62.4. Sometimes I send a PERL query from Linux to MS
SQL server 2000 and I get an empty result. I saw there was a FAQ at
freetds.org on, what sounds like, a similar problem. I've included that text
below. To implement their suggestion in the FAQ I'd have hundreds of queries
to modify. I'd like to fix this via a freetds update. Does anyone know how I
can resolve this problem? As is, things look bad on my web site when one time
the user clicks and gets results and another time they get nothing.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

[FAQ summary]

Beginning with SQL Server 7.0, Microsoft servers send DONE packets when
completing various processes e.g., triggers, replication processes, internal
stored procedures to support cursors. At one time, FreeTDS ignored some of
these DONE packets, but as more types of result sets where handled --
particularly compute rows -- they became exposed through the ct-lib
interface, which is what DBD::Sybase uses.

The workaround in FreeTDS 0.62.x is to have your result-processing loop test
syb_result_type for CS_STATUS_RESULT. Consult perldoc DBD::Sybase for more
information.

It is expected that this will be fixed when version 0.63 is released. Fixes
have already been applied to CVS. You are encouraged to try the nightly
snapshot and provide feedback and/or patches.

This email, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s). Any other distribution, use or
reproduction without the sender's prior consent is unauthorized and strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by email
and please delete the message from your computer without making any copies.