freetds - RE: [freetds] 0.62.4 - got core in tds_free_socket

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] 0.62.4 - got core in tds_free_socket
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:58:06 +0100

> Please don't care of test "if(_tds)". It is not NULL all the time.
> But fact is that I am getting core dump and most important gdb print:
> > #0 tds_free_results (res_info=0xffffffff) at mem.c:491
> Why res_info=0xffffffff ? What is it mean ? How could it happen ?
> I supply tds dump below. Is it started upon each request ?
> BTW res_info changes from run to run.
> Oh, forgot to say that I've patched write.c as you wrote (tds->state):

Good. _tds != NULL doesn't mean that it point to a valid pointer.
res_info=0xffffffff suggest me this...
Can you provide a full source?

>From source you provide it can happen that
- Connect return success, you can do every query
- you disconnect cable
- you detect problem from FreeTDS errors
- you call Connect again, tds_connect return fail, _tds now point to
garbage
- you call Connect again, you call tds_free_scoket getting an head
corruption...