freetds - [freetds] new test and question - numeric data and ctlib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] new test and question - numeric data and ctlib
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:08:19 +0100

I'm introducing some internal tests in libTDS. I didn't encounter big
problems (like current_results one) however I noted that when type it's
numeric it seems that value of TDSCOLUMN->column_*_size haven't a real
standard... sometimes it's set to sizeof(TDS_NUMERIC) (getting normal
result), sometimes to size returned by server (getting parameters).
This do not seems to cause problems to our tests (and ODBC use others
structures) however from an archive mail it seems that this cause some
problems for ctlib, see

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2004q4/017062.html

(related to ct_bind)

Bill, can you do some tests?

freddy77

  • [freetds] new test and question - numeric data and ctlib, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 12/02/2004