freetds - Re: [freetds] connection pooling

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] connection pooling
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:11:35 +0200

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 11:12, Shaun Craig wrote:
> Hi, Newbie to freetds but finding it very useful. I currenly have a C
> program
> that can query and insert to MS SQL on a windows machine, now i want to set
> up connection pooling but dont know how. I've set up the freetds.conf and
> pool.conf files ok and can tdspool myspool and start the server, i dont
> know
> how to point my C program at the server? do i add code to my C program in
> order to get this to work or how do I do it, any help would be great. Im
> running Linux Suse 9.1 in case thats needed.

I haven't used the FreeTDS connection pooling tools, but in general this
is achieved by defining a proxy server (the connection pooling server)
and connecting to this server from the client. The connection pool
server then opens a connection (or reuses an existing connection) to the
real server that you want to talk to.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.