freetds - Re: [MAYBE SPAM] RE: [freetds] vms batch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Sharman <chris.sharman AT ccagroup.co.uk>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MAYBE SPAM] RE: [freetds] vms batch
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:56:21 +0100

FreeTDS Development Group wrote:
Hmm. tsql doesn't know anything about sys$command and I can't think
of any reason you'd want to redefine it. Why not simply define
sys$input to script.sql? Or do a

The only mention I can find is in getpass, which explicitly does all input from SYS$COMMAND as far as I can see. tsql uses stdin, as you say, but I was under the impression that the getpass readline was the one in use - I could be wrong.

$ pipe tsql < script.sql

Another possibility, I guess - equivalent to define or spawn.

Chris

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not
necessarily those of CCA Group. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. The contents of
this message may be confidential and/or privileged, copyright CCA Group
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. Whilst this message has been scanned, CCA Group
cannot guarantee that it is virus free or compatible with your systems
and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its
use. The recipient is advised to run their own anti-virus software. If
you receive this message in error please contact
postmaster AT ccagroup.co.uk immediately, destroy any copies and delete it
from your computer systems.

  • Re: [MAYBE SPAM] RE: [freetds] vms batch, Chris Sharman, 10/14/2004