freetds - RE: [freetds] dbi:sybase:server SQL Server connection issue serve rname\instancename

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kirk Anderson <dba_1_1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] dbi:sybase:server SQL Server connection issue serve rname\instancename
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:20:29 -0700 (PDT)

I appreciate your help. I changed the port number to the number for that
instance on that server and it works. After doing the research on the port
number I agree with you that once set it will not change unless you change it
through the Server Network Utility or do a reg hack.

Thanks again. Kirk

"Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems.com> wrote:

> From: Kirk Anderson [mailto:dba_1_1 AT yahoo.com]
>
> Thank you. I will find out what port it is listening on an
> then make the entry. Is the port assignment static or does
> it change with each bounce of the sql server?

As far as I know it is set when the instance is created and does not wander.