freetds - [freetds] Failure in iconv.c

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lee, Gary" <GLee AT etrade.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Failure in iconv.c
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:52:41 -0400

I'm running the iodbctest.c test program sucessfully on one host machine with
freetds' odbc driver. The host is a Sun Solaris platform.

I tried to copy the test program and all relevent libraries to another Sun
Solaris based host, i.e., without doing a build of the iodbc or freetds
packages. (The two machines are not totally identical, but run the same OS
version). The program starts up, seems to find all the relevent libraries,
driver, and config files, but it dies in freetds' iconv.c routine. Here's
the error:

iconv.c:343: failed assertion `ret == 0'
Abort(coredump)

I looked at that module's source code and didn't really understand what it
was doing.

Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do, i.e., copy an application without
building the packages on the target machine? Perhaps with some other
configuration parameter, variable, or file?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,
Gary