freetds - Re: re-use of dbprocess structure (was: Re: [freetds] state of dbrpcsend())

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: liam AT inodes.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: re-use of dbprocess structure (was: Re: [freetds] state of dbrpcsend())
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:31:34 +1000

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 05:45:45PM +1000, liam AT inodes.org wrote:

> The process grows without bound at the rate of approximately 1Mbyte/s. Does
> anyone have any suggestions if I'm doing something wrong with my API use?

As a follow-up to this. I've tried using dbcancel() and even occasionally
pausing the loop, performing a dbloginfree(), dbexit(), etc and then
a re-connect but this does not free the used memory.

Running it through dmalloc, I can see that tds_alloc_param_row() is
called many times in rpc.c but there's no function in dblib.c that
appears to call tds_free_param_row().

This comment also seems rather suspicious.

rpc.c:325
erc = tds_submit_rpc(dbproc->tds_socket, ...);
/* TODO free parameters */
if (erc == TDS_FAIL) {
return FAIL;
}
}

Unless there are some objections (or offers) I'll start trying to patch
the apparent numerous memory leaks in 0.62.4.

Cheers.