freetds - RE: [freetds] having more than one active SQL statement

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Drange, Bernt Andreas" <bernt.andreas.drange AT imr.no>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] having more than one active SQL statement
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:20:16 +0200

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 20:14, Lowden, James K wrote:

> http://www.freetds.org/faq.html#pending
>
> Now that the ODBC driver is pretty functional, it's gaining adherents who
> haven't used a TDS server before. Your question used to come up about once
> a year, but now it seems like it's more like once a month, so I added it to
> the FAQ. If that doesn't answer your question, please say so.

If you use PHP, you will still run into this problem even if you create
a new connection. The reason is that PHP is so nice that it will re-use
the first connection if you connect again with the same parameters.

I found a post from Daniel Fazekas in the archives that saved my day:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2003q3/013915.html

Here he gives two options on how to get around this. I would suggest
that you put a warning into the FAQ about this connection caching, it
may be a problem in more languages than PHP!

> Regards,
>
> --jkl

Cheers,
Bernt!

--
Drange, Bernt Andreas <bernt.andreas.drange AT imr.no>
Havforskningsinstituttet/Institute of Marine Research