freetds - [freetds] having more than one active SQL statement

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Kevin Hirst" <kevin AT kma.net>
  • To: <FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [freetds] having more than one active SQL statement
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:24:16 -0400

I have recently encountered a problem coding for unixODBC and FreeTDS that I
can only seem to have one active statement at a time on a single connection.
I am told this is a limitation on TDS, but I know that I have used ADO on
Windows before and had many statements active on one connection to SQL Server
2000. Is this a farce? Is there something going on in ADO that I am unaware
of?

The basic problem is that SQLExecDirect() fails with error 0 and no error
message on the second SELECT statement that I execute on it. Do I need to
open a new connection for every statement that I want to be active at once?

-Kevin