freetds - [freetds] About the Unicode support in the FreeTDS ODBC Driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ou liu" <ou AT qbt.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] About the Unicode support in the FreeTDS ODBC Driver
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:09:28 -0400

Hi

Does the FreeTDS ODBC Driver support the UNICODE?

Let's say I have a table t having just one column c of
nvarchar(10) type.

After I did the 'Select * from t', I would have to use the
SQL_C_WCHAR for binding and get back data, is that correct? (The FreeTDS
ODBC didn't support the SQL_C_WCHAR as I found in the odbc_util.c)

Or I could use the SQL_C_CHAR to bind and later translate the
data in buffer into UNICODE by myself?

What if I have a SP sp with just one in-out parameter of
nvarchar(10) type? Which SQL_C_XXX type should I use to bind?

Regards

Ou