freetds - Re: [freetds] TDS server - error messages and "fFunction 999"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Kirkendall <skirkendall AT dsl-only.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] TDS server - error messages and "fFunction 999"
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 15:43:31 -0700

brian AT bruns.com wrote on Friday, May 07, 2004:
> 999 is SQL_API_ODBC3_ALL_FUNCTIONS, fairly standard thing for the ODBC
> driver to do. Perhaps some ODBC functionality that the client wants
> is not present and the client is bailing out. You could start
> flipping more bits to true in SQLGetFunctions and see when it starts
> going on. Maybe someone else has better ideas.

I tried changing the macro definitions so that it sets bits for all
listed functions, including the undefined ones. That had no effect
on the log output. (I even added an extra log line just to change
the output, and that did appear as expected. Otherwise I would have
no evidence that I changed anything at all.)

I'll move on to other things. I don't need to use Access2000 to
access the Linux data. I was just trying that for the sake of
completeness.

--
Steve Kirkendall |A:It is confusing, since people don't read that way
kirkenda AT cs.pdx.edu |Q:Why is top-posting bad?