freetds - Re: [freetds] Exceptoins are not picked up by FreeTDS fromDB?(0.62.2 )

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT uni-duisburg.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Exceptoins are not picked up by FreeTDS fromDB?(0.62.2 )
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:38:01 +0000 (UTC)

"James K. Lowden" wrote:

> Les Gondor reported on 14 Apr 2004, to my surprise, that OpenOffice.org
> works on Solaris. Has anyone else had any luck on another platform? If
> we're that close, it seems like OO.org compatibilty is a reasonable goal
> for 0.63.

It depends. Probably it's possible to query a database from OpenOffice
as long as you already have a 'prebuilt' query. I didn't try this.
On the other hand I'm pretty sure that 'browsing' the database tree
with OpenOffice on Linux does not return tablenames.
I'll investigate next week to see if the recent changes to the ODBC
driver sources give any improvement,

Martin.